One of the hallmarks that sets Manitoba Club apart from other clubs is the assurance that certain expectations will be met, in terms of the quality of service, staff and food. This also extends to the standards of attire for the members. It is a courtesy to others and a guarantee that any member, or their guests, can expect a respectable level of dress from others when attending the club.
Private Events Dress Code
It is respectfully requested that a member sponsoring an event advise all guests that denim is not encouraged, however will be tolerated, within the event rooms of the club. It is incumbent upon any member who sponsors an event hosted by another person to ensure that the Dress Code is properly enforced.
Fort Garry Gate Dining Room. A higher standard of dress is expected in the Fort Garry Gate Dining Room. Within this space, denim does not meet the criteria of acceptable dress. Members and guests are expected to be attired in business dress, with ties for the gentlemen being optional. During evening dinner service, gentlemen are required to wear a jacket.
Bistro and Billiards Lounge Dress Code
The Bistro and Billiards Lounge enjoy a somewhat relaxed dress code. Although business dress is
always preferred, denim to the calibre of Manitoba Club, is acceptable in only these areas. Business,
formal or smart casual dress for the gentlemen, and contemporary attire for the ladies will assure
that you are properly dressed for every club event.
Cellular Telephone Policy
Out of consideration for all members equally, the club’s cell phone policy is that cellular phone use will be allowed on a restrictive basis at Manitoba Club;
• The discretional use of cellular phones will be permitted in private areas of the club.
• Two phone booths are located on the first floor (under the Grand Staircase) and on the second floor (either side of the Oak Room entrance).
• Cellular phones should not ring on club property. Please set on the vibrate mode, if an emergency
call is pending.
• All cellular phones must be turned off before entering the Fort Garry Gate Dining Room, and during club events that are specifically for the members and guests.
• Silent messaging and email functions are acceptable in the foyer, lobby, Billiards Lounge and the Bistro.
• When using your cellular phone, please consider other club members who are present, and use of cellular phones should be in private so as not to disturb other members.
• Common sense should prevail.
There is ample parking around Manitoba Club, including:
• Due to the generosity and support of Wawanesa Insurance, club members and invited guests are permitted to park in the Wawanesa building (191 Broadway) parking lot after 4:30 p.m. on weekdays and anytime on weekends and holidays.
• Paid meter parking on Broadway (east and west sides of the street) from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
• Complimentary parking on Broadway (east and west sides of the street) after 5:30 p.m. and during weekends.
• Paid meter parking on the streets surrounding the club throughout the day (Fort Street, Garry Street, Main Street).
• Paid and Valet parking at The Fort Garry Hotel.
• Paid underground parking at Fort Garry Place.
For more information regarding membership opportunities at Manitoba Club, please contact Graham Davis, General Manager, by email.