One of the hallmarks that sets the Manitoba Club apart from other clubs is the assurance that certain expectations will be met, in terms of the quality of service, staff and food. This also extends to the standards of attire for the members. It is a courtesy to others and a guarantee that any member, or their guests, can expect a respectable level of dress from others when attending the Club.
It is respectfully requested that a member sponsoring an event advise all guests that denim is not encouraged, however will be tolerated, within the event rooms of the Club. It is incumbent upon any member who sponsors an event hosted by another person to ensure that the Dress Code is properly enforced.
Fort Garry Gate Dining Room
A higher standard of dress is expected in the Fort Garry Gate Dining Room. Within this space, denim does not meet the criteria of acceptable dress. Members and guests are expected to be attired in business dress, with ties for the gentlemen being optional. During evening dinner service, gentlemen are required to wear a jacket.
Buffalo Bistro and Billiards Lounge
The Buffalo Bistro and Billiards Lounge enjoy a somewhat relaxed dress code. Although business dress is always preferred, denim to the caliber of the Manitoba Club, is acceptable in only these areas.
Business, formal or smart casual dress for the gentlemen, and contemporary attire for the ladies will assure that you are properly dressed for every Club event. If you are unsure of the dress required for an event, or particular area within the Club, please contact the Member Services Co-ordinator by email or by telephone (204-942-5438).
Cellular Telephone Policy
Out of consideration for all members equally, the Club’s cell phone policy is that cellular phone use will be allowed on a restrictive basis at the Manitoba Club;
- The discretional use of cellular phones will be permitted in private areas of the Club.
- Two phone booths are located on the first floor (under the Grand Staircase) and on the second floor (either side of the Oak Room entrance).
- Cellular phones should not ring on Club property. Please set on the vibrate mode, if an emergency call is pending.
- All cellular phones must be turned off before entering the Fort Garry Gate Dining Room, and during Club Events that are specifically for the members and guests.
- Silent messaging and email functions are acceptable in the foyer, lobby, Billiards Lounge and Buffalo Bistro.
- When using your cellular phone, please consider other Club members who are present, and use of cellular phones should be in private so as not to disturb other members.
- Common sense should prevail.
For more information regarding membership opportunities at the Manitoba Club, please contact Graham Davis, General Manager, by email.